Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Online social networks, you too can create your own…

I have spent the last week learning about online social networks like ActiveRain, YouTube, MySpace, and have found that in addition to hundreds of different social sites that already exists, you do have the capability to create your own online social network to serve your own specific interests. There are a number of different sites that cater to those interested in developing their own expansive network, and many are completely turn-key. For many, the monthly costs are based on a sliding scale that comes back to how many users that your attract.

For those of you who are looking to develop their own online network, here is my analysis:

CommunityServer: They have a great and economical turn-key program. CommunityServer is my favorite and hosts a number of sites, including betterhumans.com
The Snapp Network: More kid friendly so if you are looking to duplicate MySpace, this may be a good place to start.
Social Platform: They are a bit expensive, but will give you a blog and a
forum as part of their package
Sparta Social Networks: I wasn’t fond of their format, but it is similar to other.
YourMembership: Geared more toward alumni networks, expensive, but doable..if you’re a University.
PendoSoft: They will build you a custom network.
SmallWorldLabs: A decent turnkey system.
Anyway, there it is…. I ended up on a lot of other Social Media sites, but the above for some reason or another caught my attention. I am not sure what I am going to do with the information yet, but will probably just store it away and go back to talking about real estate and marketing. I started this project to learn about other avenues where I could spread the word about 4MySales.com. As it turns out, there are a lot of them.

No comments: