Thursday, November 30, 2006

Back from vacation

Wow, if you ever have the chance to take a cruise down to Mexico over a long holiday, I would highly recommend it. It has been about eight days since I have even thought about the real estate industry… okay so maybe that is not exactly true. However, my venture out has given a little perspective… and maybe a view into some future investment opportunities.

On this trip I went to Acapulco, Ixtapa and Cabo San Lucas. The disparity between the two tourist towns and the smaller resort community of Ixtapa is amazing. Home prices and real estate in Acapulco and Cabo San Lucas are similar to what you would find in San Diego County. By contrast, Ixtapa home prices were nearly free….. with the exception of the multi-million dollar homes that a few celebrities and billionaires own.

With that in mind, I am looking for vacation and resort investment property in Ixapa. In about fifteen years I think it will be a world-class vacation spot, and now is a good time to jump in.

No comments: