Monday, November 13, 2006

Social online networks are the wave of the marketing future...


I spent a lot of time on the Mashable Blog this afternoon, and although I am going grey, I feel like I’m 14 years old after spending so much time learning about social network. I may go home this evening and break out the Roller Blades. If it doesn’t work out, my next blog may be from the hospital bed.

Anyway, what I have learned today that applies to the real estate industry…..

- Blogging is everywhere as is file sharing and video and picture sharing. My thoughts are to start including humanizing your blog and site by including pictures of family, friends, hobbies, and items of interest.

- Widgets make your blogs and webpages work better, or at least add a little flair. Check out the My Favorite Blogs section of this blog, or the Technorati feed box.

- A new approach to online social networking is funded almost every day. This is where the venture capitalists are putting their money.

- There is a social network for every group and topic… my advice is to spread your message far and wide and fully leverage your hobbies and areas of interest.
There are a lot of technology solutions for REALTORS®.

- If you spend too much time online, your back starts to hurt, your eyes start to burn and… enough of this, I am grabbing my Roller Blades and headin’ for the hills.

No comments: